1) TL Travel will not share your personal data including (but not limited to) e-mail address, contact number etc. with any third party not related with TL Travel or it's affiliates. TL Travel collects personal information only to the extent necessary to deliver the services, products, or information you, or an agent or other passenger booking on your behalf, request.
TL Travel, either directly or through our agency and booking partners collects, holds, uses and discloses, only as necessary the personal information provided from our customers and others in the course of offering services or providing services to you. The collection of your personal information is done only to allow us to provide services to you as requested.
We may also collect personal information, including contact information, if you elect to enter a contest or sweepstakes with us, to subscribe to our newsletter, which we will use only to provide you with the service you have requested.
2) If you have signed up for/ receive the TL Travel newsletter, it will always include a link allowing you to opt out at any time.
3) When travelling with TL Travel, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising, and on our website. All participants of TL Travel trips authorize TL Travel to use his/her image (such as photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen please notify TL Travel in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the departure of your trip. You additionally grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
5) TL Travel maintains the security of your credit card data by the following measures: All online payments are submitted over a secured payment processor (Stripe). Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. TL Travel does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction and then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank. All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction's acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
6) TL Travel may display advertisements on our website & other social media sites that may link you to an external website. TL Travel is not responsible for the content of the external website/ link.
7) TL Travel collects personal information from those individuals applying for employment or similar positions at TL Travel only to the extent necessary to (a) identify the individual and (b) evaluate their suitability for the position applied for. This information may include name, contact information, educational and employment background, criminal record information, residency and/or citizenship information, and other information necessary for us to screen potential employees and staff.
TL Travel collects personal information from agents and agencies to the extent required to allow agents to book TL Travel trips, and to be properly credited for such booking, as necessary and as dictated by the relationship between the agent and TL Travel. Such information may include name, employment relationship or employer information, work or business address, etc. If you are an agent travelling with TL Travel, TL Travel may collect the personal information noted above for other travelling passengers, as well as other employment or eligibility information. This information may be collected directly from you, or from your employer (where authorized).
Where the collection of certain details of your personal information is not required in order to deliver requested services or products, you may forgo providing such details.
1) All bookings are made through TL Travel directly or through agents acting on our behalf. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice & detailed itinerary (subject to availability and appropriate conditions).
2) You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $600 CAD per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed (please note that increased deposit requirements apply for some trips). If your booking is made within 90 days of the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3) If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or if you book within 7 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your deposit. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
4) In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements you must provide all requested details with the balance of the trip price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements. Your booking cannot be confirmed without provision of these details.
5) If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
• 90 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit
• between 30 and 89 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost; whichever is greater
• less than 30 days prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Please note that for certain travel arrangements the cancellation charge may be higher than those shown. In certain cases a 100% cancellation fee applies as soon as the booking is made and the ticket is issued. Please ask for full details of cancellation charges at time of booking. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by accommodation providers, travel agents or third party tour and transport operator fees.
6) TL Travel may cancel a trip at any time up to 30 days before departure. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
7) If you wish to transfer from one trip to another or transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 90 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of $150 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines). If you notify us less than 90 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period. Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur a $150 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 10 days of departure.
8) Minimum General Policy: For the majority of our trips the minimum age is 15 at the time of travel. All traveler under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or, in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveler under the age of 18’s day to day care. If a legal guardian elects to designate an escort in their lieu, they will be required to complete and sign a relevant document to delegate their authority. Please note we cannot guarantee triple or joining rooms for families; accompanying adults may be required to share with others in the group on a twin share basis.
9) Our trips are guaranteed to depart once they have two fully paid travelers unless minimum group size specifically states otherwise. This means at times we can have small groups. Many of our trips are designed to fit with other departures to create a longer “combination” trip; this means that some of your group may have already been travelling together for some weeks when you commence your trip. If you would like to know how many people are booked on your trip or any combination trip it is part of please ask prior to making your booking.
10) You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries in which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip; please refer to the Trip Notes for details. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation. TL Travel always does out best to inform our travelers of any necessary/ recommended Visa's/ Vaccinations however are not responsible for disclosing this information as trip preparation is the responsibility of the booking traveler.
11) Travel insurance is compulsory for all TL Travelers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your trip; you will not be able to join the trip without it. If you obtain travel insurance through us you acknowledge that you are satisfied with the level of insurance we have arranged.
12) You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
13) While we endeavor to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative tour offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you: please refer to the Trip Notes for your trip for details of Emergency Funds which you agree to carry, to be used in such instances. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
14) Our group trips are run by a group leader. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
15) You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
16) We contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our trips as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties. Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your tour leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider. If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your tour leader or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.
17) In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
18) The Company reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at anytime, and it is the Clients responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Company website www.tltraveltrips.com/ www.tltravel.ca and will supersede any previous versions.